Thursday 22 September 2016

School magazine format research - preparation for task 1

As I know the first task that we have is to create the front cover for as school magazine I have done a detailed analysis of 3, this way I will have a better understanding myself of what works and what doesn't by going into depth. This will help me to design my own; which in turn will help with the main task of creating a music based magazine (a front cover, contents page and double page spread). I can use this to my advantage and improve my designs.



I decided to choose 3 school magazines in which I thought one was good, one was bad and one which was neither here nor there. This way i had a good scope of how it can be a positive effect and how the same feature can have a negative effect in another.



By choosing magazines with different audiences it allows me to see clearly how different ages will view certain things, where one feature may seem immature and irrelevant to a sixth former, it may be what makes a younger student buy the magazine.



These 3 magazines also all show what colours work and what don't for different audiences, this will help me with what colours, fonts and styles capture different ages and genders. By using this information I can use these themes to make my magazine attract a more specific audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment